Interior Plasterers New Zealand

Select The Location
Find Interior Plasterers Tradies - Trades Mate

Plaster work is one of the oldest trades related to building operations, the earliest evidence showing that the dwellings of primitive man were erected in a simple fashion with sticks and plastered with mud. Soon a more lasting and sightly material was found and employed to take the place of mud or slime, and that perfection in the compounding of plastering materials was approached at a very remote period is made evident by the fact that some of the earliest plastering which has remained undisturbed excels in its scientific composition that which we use at the present day.

The plasterer usually shows up after the builders have finished building all the internal walls. The plasterer is usually a subcontractor, as it is the plumber, electrician, painter, building cleaner and others tradies of the main building company.

Types of plastering:

External plastering

Stucco is a term loosely applied to nearly all kinds of external plastering, whether composed of lime or of cement. At the present time it has fallen into disfavor, but in the early part of the 19th century a great deal of this work was done. Cement has largely superseded lime for this work.

Roughcast or pebbledash plastering is a rough form of external plastering

Roughcasting is performed by first rendering the wall or laths with a coat of well-haired coarse stuff composed either of good hydraulic lime or of Portland cement. This layer is well scratched to give a key for the next coat. The second coat is also composed of coarse stuff knocked up to a smooth and uniform consistency.

Interior Plastering

Plasterboard is a specialised form of sheet rock is screwed onto the wall-frames (studs) of the home to form the interior walls. At the place where the two edges of wallboards meet there is a seam. These seams are covered with mesh tape and then the seams and the screw heads are concealed with the drywall compound to make the wall seem as one uniform piece. The drywall plaster is a thick paste. Later this is painted or wallpapered over to hide the work. This process is typically called "taping" and those who use drywall are known as "tapers".

Veneer plastering covers the entire wall with thin liquid plaster, uses a great deal of water and is applied very wet. Veneer plastering is a one-shot one-coat application; taping usually requires sanding and then adding another coat, since the compound shrinks as it dries.

Don’t Forget to Rate Your Experience!

By giving your Interior Plasterer an honest rating on Trades Mate, you make it easier for other people to find the right service for them. Simply leave a star rating based on their level of Communication, Timeliness and Quality.

A positive rating is a great way to reward services that have been good to you. This improves their chances of receiving more clients and being able to continue doing the work they love.

Trades Mate, Connecting Trades to People

Are you a Tradie or a Professional from the Building Industry?

Stand out from the crowd with Trades Mate